Feb 16, 2009

6th night... The coldest one.

I am back at my computer... Team Calleva is one of the 5 survived teams of the race. Guys are doing slow progress towards the finish and I hope they will make it on time, at least for the flight, as I plan to meet them at the airport on Sunday... So far their tracking device is the most active compare to all other teams.
 I don't know, if it was a navigation mistake, or they got tired to bushwalk through the forest, or Mark just wanted to take a nice photo of sunset, but last nigh they decided to get to the top. They actually climb the tallest mountain around and spent whole night there:

I just hope there is no snow this time of year. Google Earth satellite images show this area in white, but are more likely to be taken during Patagonia winter (there are less clouds). Right now team Calleva is back on low ground and I hope they will finish in the next 2 days.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah Team Calleva! Thanks for the post Dima. I've been following them like a hawk...well, a sedentary hawk sitting here in Virginia. I was also wondering what they were doing way up there on the mountain. Glad they came down to lower ground. They're doing SO awesome, esp since so many other teams have dropped out. I'm so proud of them! Can't WAIT to hear the amazing stories they'll have.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated, please, let some time for your post to appear.