Dec 12, 2009

O-Marathon II report.

By Dima
Running is not my favorite discipline and once in a while (no, once in a WHILE) I force myself to run a competitive event. I cannot survive “just running” for more than 1 hour. Running with a map is a little better; my brain is busy analyzing something else beyond slow moving reality. Delaware Valley Orienteering Association created my perfect event: Orienteering Marathon. This year was the second time they host the event. The first one was in November 2007 and I got 3rd place in division. This time turnout was much better and I finished only 13th out of 21 (25th out of 71 overall). This is not very impressive result, taking into account that really strong runners were doing full marathon. Navigation this year was easier than in 2007, but it didn’t prevent me from getting lost around CP9. Thanks to Bill for telling me were I am. Total running distance for me was about 25-26 km, but between CP9 and CP16 I was doing a very conservative route choice. My finish time was 2:55:48 that is faster than my result in 2007. And of course it was nice to see old friend:

I took this photo 30 seconds before the start, sorry for quality, winter sun is crazy.

P.S. I started the O-Marathon II with strong symptoms of cold; they all gone after I finished. Running in chilly weather is the cure!
0 comments are posted:
Post your comment:
Comments are moderated, please, let some time for your post to appear. Back to home page