Jun 1, 2009

WW results and NE training

Karen finished Odyssey Wild and Wonderful 25th overall and 5th in solo (first and only female solo). Missing CP6 cut off by 20 minutes was the story:
"The last bike leg took considerably longer than they told us it would. And it went through a very poorly mapped/marked area. I still don't understand where I took a wrong turn. Anyway. I felt great through the whole race. I wasn't tired until I missed the cutoff, I was upset for that. I am not really sore now, no blisters, feet are great, and my navigation was good. I felt very strong through out, so no matter where I placed, I had a great race."

We continue training for Untamed New England race. This weekend was about paddling and boat logistics:


Yep, there is a kayak inside this canoe and we are far away from water. After last year Untamed Virginia we have to be ready for any surprises. By the way, the race is 10 hours longer now: 70 hours...
0 comments are posted:
Post your comment:
Comments are moderated, please, let some time for your post to appear. Back to home page