Dec 10, 2008

Patagonia team paddling training.

In two days we will go for 24 hours paddling training in Chesapeake Bay. I just hope the weather will more like Patagonia and less like today’s 60+ F. For the training I just finished modifying and testing my 5 piece paddle.
I bought this paddle from the guy that never took it apart and didn’t care about it too much, except may be the price. First, I had to fix big crack in one of the wing blades. The paddle was perfect for canoe paddling, but a little too long for kayak. Two weeks ago I made it the right length by shortening one of the connection pieces by 6 inch. Both parts on the photo were originally the same length. Now it’s exactly right and ready for Patagonia. It was interesting and challenging project.
0 comments are posted:
Post your comment:
Comments are moderated, please, let some time for your post to appear. Back to home page